Due to our previous venue closing there has been a bit of a hiatus as we found a new home, but we are currently trialling holding the sling library at my home in Chorlton, on Hartington Road (M21 8UY) (Please email for the full address if you would like to come.)
Upcoming 2018 dates:
Monday 15th January 1-3pm
Thursday Feb 8th (time tbc)
Thursday March 8th (time tbc)
Thursday April 5th (time tbc)
Dates are subject to change or cancellation in case of illness for example so please always check the facebook page on the day for confirmation 🙂
I’m coming to get some advice or hire a sling. What do I need to know?
- We now have a new booking system via SimplyBook – please click the link to book your timeslot. Slots are 15 minutes long which is usually long enough to try one or two carriers and troubleshoot them. If you think you may need longer get in touch and I can suggest a longer slot if needed.
- I will talk you through various options but please feel free to do some research or suggest something to me as it’s often quicker and you are more likely to use a carrier that you also like! (You can see what we stock here.)
- Bring cash if you would like to hire something – see details of the costs of hire here
- If you are returning a sling please try and do so at the beginning of the session so it is available for someone else to hire.
- I have two children so please make yourself at home when visiting. There will be changing facilities available and you are welcome to feed your baby anywhere you need to, or a private space can be made available, no problem.
- Please try to walk or use public transport if you live locally and be considerate of our neighbours when parking if you do drive.
- There is space in my hallway for buggies but be aware they may need to be folded if it gets busy.
- Accessibility – My home is accessed by 4 steps up to the front door. I can assist with carrying buggies in but it may present a problem for wheelchair users. Please contact me in advance if you need help and I will do my best to find a solution.
- To try and make sure everybody is seen in good time, if you know you are coming please do drop me an email and let me know what you are coming for. This way I can try and group people together who are looking for the same thing (i.e. stretchy wraps) or if you would like to try or hire a specific carrier I can reserve it for you.
- You can find a full list of available carriers here.